Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thoughts On Genocide

Is there a time limit or order of sequence which you should abide by when expressing your thoughts on genocide? Is it more ideal to be up and arms about Germany killing six million Jews, or the slaughter of a hundred thousand natives in what is now called North America? I was not alive for either instance, but I feel genocide is genocide and there is no justification for something so heinous. I ask the question completely genuinely seeking a response to attempt to grasp the thought process of my fellow humans. I’m not a saint by any means; I feel if in a certain situation I would take a life. Like, for instance, in self-defense, or if someone hurt someone I loved. I definitely have a dark side residing within that would do such a thing. I can admit that, but I can also recognize how deeply demented mass genocide is regardless of who is involved or when the action has taken place. Was it acceptable for Ozymandias (Adrian Alexander Veidt) to kill millions to save billions? I mean, he was a mastermind and pulled it off. Was there a better way? If so, wouldn’t he have thought of it? I ponder with my cold brew in hand and the Twin Peaks soundtrack playing in the background, so many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment